VACANCY NOTICE: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- The Zimbabwe Council For Higher Education, a quality control regulatory authority, (ZIMCHE) was established by an Act of Parliament, [Chapter 25:27], in 2006, to promote and co-ordinate education provided by higher and tertiary institutions, superintend over standards, act as a regulator in the determination and maintenance of examinations, academic qualifications and research.
- The Chief Executive Officer of ZIMCHE is the Head of the ZIMCHE Secretariat to Council which is responsible for the general administration and supervision of staff and operations.
- The person required should:
- Be an accomplished Academic and Higher Education Administrator with a proven track record for superintending over research, processes of registration and accreditation of higher and tertiary education institutions and their programmes, the development of academic audit guidelines and processes;
- Be a visionary leader with the skills to interpret and implement the ZIMCHE mandate within the broader context of the national agenda;
- Be a holder of an earned Doctorate Degree from a recognized University, a Full or Associate Professorship would be an added advantage;
- Have at least ten (10) years of experience working in a senior position in a Tertiary, Higher Education or Research Institution with a high degree of success;
- Have commitment to and substantial experience in networking, team building, resource mobilization and participation in development activities, nationally, regionally and internationally;
- Have proven experience in national and international policy-making;
- Have demonstrable knowledge of the structural, legislative, and regulatory frameworks for coordinating and promoting higher and tertiary education, science and technology development;
- Have proven management capacity including knowledge of public financial management and strategic people management;
- Have the ability to foster strategic partnerships and harmonious working relationships between and among various higher and tertiary education stakeholders;
- Should be at least 40 years of age at the time of application.
He or she will be the chief administrative and financial officer of ZIMCHE and shall:
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership to ZIMCHE, maintain and promote research and innovation as well as ensure efficiency and good governance of ZIMCHE; will play a key role in the transformation of knowledge to goods and services;
- Initiate, propose, implement and monitor policies, systems and procedures in relation to registration and accreditation of all higher and tertiary education institutions and their programmes;
- Lead the development activities of ZIMCHE, including resource mobilisation;
- Develop and maintain positive and progressive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including the Council, the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development and its Institutions, other Government entities and cooperating partners;
- Attract the best qualified people for employment at ZIMCHE in order to execute its mandate in a programmed manner.
REMUNERATION AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- A negotiable remuneration package in accordance with ZIMCHE’s Terms and Conditions of Service;
- Medical Aid, Leave and Pension benefits;
- A five (5) year performance -related contract.
Information on these and other benefits will be disclosed at the interview.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Expression of interest, six (6) sets, must be accompanied by certified copies of birth and academic certificates, as well as Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and e-mail addresses of three contactable referees addressed to:
The Chairman of Council
C/o The Acting Principal Director, Human Resources, Administration and Finance
Zimbabwe Council For Higher Education
21 J. M. Nkomo Road
For any enquiries phone:
Tel: +263 4 571167