- Finance Intern / Attachee
The Accounting Department is responsible for the management of ZIMCHE’s financial resources and the oversight of the financial accounting processes of the organisation. This includes: ensuring financial statements are prepared timeously and accurately in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and that our accounting records contain the information necessary to meet our reporting requirements to management and other stakeholders.
Reporting to the: Finance Officer
Main duties and responsibilities
Supporting the Finance Officer to promote efficient, effective and transparent use of financial resources. He/she will assist with the management and safeguarding of the ZIMCHE’s financial resources by;
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly, quarterly, bi- annual and annual financial reports.
- Assist with measuring performance against the budget.
- Assisting with the analysis of the financial statements.
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management reports.
- Assisting with the management of the cashflows.
- Ensuring the implementation of accounting internal controls.
- Receipting and managing funds due to council.
- Preparation of bank reconciliations.
- Must be a registered student in the attachment year of Degree programme from a recognized institution.
- The Intern must be currently studying for a bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance; or have recently completed a degree in Finance or Accounting and graduated.
- Good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Strong technical, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in a professional environment.
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, confidentiality and pays attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Pastel Accounting package or any other Accounting packages.