Applications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Director: Finance in the ZIMCHE based in Harare. As a government parastatal, we are looking for a highly qualified and innovative professional who is committed to ensuring that we manage public finances according to the rules, policies and regulations set by government and the Auditor General because our funds are from the Treasury. We are also looking for someone who will ensure that financially, the ZIMCHE remains afloat and “competitive amid constant turbulence and disruption” in our economy.
We are also looking for a dedicated and committed individual who is willing to re-think our thinking about resources mobilization in the ZIMCHE so that we realize our competitive advantage as a regulator in our Higher and Tertiary Education environment.
The Director: Finance will be required to lead a small team that will be expected to generate extra income for the many activities of the ZIMCHE to augment subventions from Treasury. Resources mobilization will be a key deliverable for this position. In managing our Finances, we are expecting the Director: Finance to be aux fait with the latest advances in disruptive technologies and and Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERPs) to ensure that we manage our finances effectively and efficiently. The Director: Finance should also be very conversant with the Integrated Results Based Management System (IRBM) systems that has been adopted by the Public Sector. She or he will be expected to use the IRBM system to manage and appraise her or his repartees.
- The minimum qualification is a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Accounting Science.
- A Master’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration with a major specialization in Finance is essential.
- An earned PhD with a specialization in Accounting, Finance or Commerce will be an added advantage.
The ideal candidate should be in possession of one of these qualifications:
- Chartered Accountant (CA),
- Chartered Management Accountant (CIMA),
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA),
- Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Secretary and Administrators (CIS).
- PAAB registration an added advantage
- An advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PASTEL is essential.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Project or PRINCE II will be an added advantage.
In terms of professional experience, we are looking for someone with:
- A minimum of five years of continuous experience as Head of Finance or similar position in either the private or public sector.
- Evidence of excellent research, data analytics and writing skills.
- Excellent project management, coordination and organizational skills.
- A servant leader with the ability to make use of emotional intelligence in leading and managing the Finance team.
- Ability to device financial strategy, innovate and ability to demonstrate advanced financial management skills.
The ZIMCHE has adopted the IRBM system as the main system of managing the performance of all staff. The Director: Finance will be expected to produce quarterly reports to the Chief Director: Human Resources Finance and Administration. The following are the key deliverables for this position and the Director: Finance will be expected to deliver on these areas:
- Taking full responsibility for all the financial affairs of the ZMCHE including implementing sound accounting procedures, internal audit system and treasury management;
- Providing policy advice and accounting services to a wide range of clients within the ZIMCHE and ensuring that the financial regulations and procedures are continually adhered to and updated as necessary;
- Undertaking the full range of secretarial duties and administration of the ZIMCHE’s pension fund portfolio;
- Providing managerial and financial reports as required by Management, the Board and its relevant Committees;
- Ensuring that the Books of Accounts are audited every year and Audit findings are followed up and implemented immediately and accurately;
- Assisting the CEO and the executive in formulating and managing the institution’s budget and attend to audit queries;
- Arranging investments in consultation with the CEO and Finance Committee.
- Leading the Resources Mobilization Committee.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that financial systems are in place and functioning properly,
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring two junior accountants.
Candidates are expected to upload their application on the ZIMCHE website or send six (6) copies including a detailed CV and certified copies of certificates to the Chief Executive Officer, ZIMCHE, No. 21, J. M. Nkomo Road, Hatfield, Harare, Zimbabwe, not later than September 6th, 2019.
Offer ended on September 6, 2019