The Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education (ZIMCHE), a quality control regulatory authority, was established by an Act of Parliament, [Chapter 25:27], in 2006, to promote and co-ordinate education provided by the higher and tertiary education institutions, superintend over standards, act as a regulator in the determination and maintenance of examinations, academic qualifications and research within the university sector.
The position of a Cleaner exists to maintain a clean environment within the ZIMCHE premises in general as well as the offices of the CEO.
This position exists to maintain the ZIMCHE premises, the CEO’s office, and other offices as assigned by the Human Resources Department (HR Department). The incumbent must pay attention to detail and concern for order and general cleanliness of the ZIMCHE premises. He/she must be familiar with various detergents and cleaning agents used in the cleaning business and must store them safely and appropriately. The Cleaner must have basic experience of at least 3 to 5 years working in the office of a senior executive such as a CEO in the private or public sector.
Since the individual will be working in the CEO’s office, he or she must always have the capacity to maintain confidentiality. He/she will be expected to sign the official secrecy Act annually. It is the responsibility of the cleaner to report any damaged or malfunctioning equipment within the premises. The incumbent will perform any other administrative duties assigned by the HR Department and the Administrative Officer. The cleaner reports directly to the CEO through the Director Administration and have no direct subordinates. The incumbent’s internal contacts include the CEO’s Office and the Administrative Officer in the HR Department.
Most important contacts:
The Cleaner in the CEOs office will generally interact with the following officials:
- The CEO.
- The Chief Operating Officer/Manager in the CEOs office.
- The PA to the CEO.
- The Chief Director: Human Resources, Planning and Finance.
- The Administrative Officer in the Human Resources Department.
The incumbent is responsible for cleaning the CEO’s office, office equipment and the kitchen. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for:
- Maintenance of an office environment free from health hazards.
- Cleaning all offices in the CEOs wing twice a week.
- Cleaning the kitchen daily and mopping the floor twice a week.
- Dispatching correspondence and files from offices after every two hours daily.
- Delivering files to respective offices every after two hours daily.
The incumbent will prepare tea for the CEO’s meetings and visitors in the office of the CEO or assigned by the responsible officer.
- Five “O” Levels including English Language.
- Three to five years’ experience in a senior government office, such as the office of a Permanent Secretary, Minister’s office, or office of a CEO in a parastatal.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good analytical skills and ability to make quick decisions in one’s portfolio.
- Ability to work responsibly and as part of a team.
Interested applicants must submit six (6) copies of the application including a detailed CV and certified copies of certificates plus contact details of three references to: The Chief Executive Officer, (CEO) ZIMCHE, P.O. Box H100 Hatfield or 21 J.M. Nkomo Road, Hatfield, Harare not later than September 6th 2019. Applications can also be uploaded on the ZIMCHE website.
Offer ended on September 6, 2019