The Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education (ZIMCHE), a quality control regulatory authority, was established by an Act of Parliament, [Chapter 25:27], in 2006, to promote and co-ordinate education provided by higher and tertiary institutions, superintend over standards, act as a regulator in the determination and maintenance of examinations, academic qualifications and research.
Reporting to the Director ICT, the position exists to support, co-ordinate and improve efficiency in the ICT Department. The incumbent helps the Director ICT in directing the ICT Department’s day-to-day operations to ensure that the Council ICT requirements are handled in a manner consistent with the requirements of the ZIMCHE Act and ZIMCHE ICT Policy.
- Design and implementation of computer networks
- Securing of the network
- Maintenance and internal configuration of accessory network systems e.g., the telephone PABX
- Installation and maintenance of various information systems
- Building and configuration of platforms for development of systems
- Integration of information systems
- Repairing of various ICT equipment
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related area
- Hands on experience in the design and implementation of networks and information systems
- At least four years’ experience post qualification
- A knowledge of Office365
- Hands on knowledge of Linux Operating System
- Knowledge of cloud computing
- Ability to re-imagine and re-think the role of the ICT unit in working with universities and academics.
- Ability to work in a small but dedicated team
- Ability to work independently and produce results
- Ability to conduct workshops for staff on key areas in ICT.
- Willingness to attend short courses on ICT.
Interested candidates should submit the following: application letter, a detailed CV and certified copies of degree certificates, present salary, names and addresses of at least three referees including their email addresses to:
The Director Human Resources, ZIMCHE, P.O. Box H100 Hatfield or 21 J.M. Nkomo Road, Hatfield, Harare not later than 17 June 2022.
The application should be emailed to email@example.com in a single PDF file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line.