The Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education (ZIMCHE), a quality control regulatory authority, was established by an Act of Parliament, [Chapter 25:27], in 2006, to promote and co-ordinate education provided by institutions of Higher Education and act as a regulator in the determination and maintenance of standards of teaching, examinations, academic qualifications and research in HEIs.
In that regard, applications are invited for the position of Manager: Information and Public Relations which has fallen vacant within the ZIMCHE. The ZIMCHE requires candidates who generally have knowledge on how universities function.
This position exists to establish and maintain goodwill and mutual understanding between the ZIMCHE and its stakeholders and between the Quality Assurance Body and its publics in order to manage the organisation’s reputation. It also exists to market the ZIMCHE and to propose fundraising strategies.
- The ZIMCHE Mandate The position will promote an understanding of how the ZIMCHE is constituted, its mandate and how it functions to ensure that statement gains an accurate appreciation of the ZIMCHE’s purpose for existence, contributions, and achievements within the higher and tertiary education sector in the country.
- Policy Formulation The incumbent will plan, develop, and implement Public Relations strategies, policies, plans and programmes, and manage regular contacts with all stakeholders to enhance the image and interests of the ZIMCHE.
- Public Relations The incumbent will liaise with and attend to print and electronic enquiries from all stakeholders and provide them with relevant information through news releases, feature/trend stories, technical articles, interviews, bulletins, website information, etc. to ensure the prevalence of good relations between the ZIMCHE and its publics. Furthermore, the Manager Information and Public relations will act as a spokesperson for the ZIMCHE, writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles, quarterly, and annual reports for the mutual understanding of stakeholders.
- Image Management The incumbent will organise and coordinate corporate events such as press conferences, exhibitions and engage in any other public relations activities that enhance the image of the ZIMCHE. Thse include exhibiting the ZIMCHE at the Zimbabwe International Trade fair and Similar events. The incumbent will alos work closely with Marketing and Public Relations Directors in universities And Polytechnics to produce a fortnightly bulletin of news from all higher and tertiary education institutions.
- Marketing Strategies Formulation The Manager Information and Public Relations will formulate and implement marketing strategies to brand the ZIMCHE and to attract the attention of, and create interest among stakeholders.
- Internal Culture The incumbent will motivate and encourage staff internally by promoting a culture that positively projects the ZIMCHE through ethical and exemplary behaviours to ensure the maintenance of high-performance standards.
- Master’s Degree in Marketing/Public Relations or Equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing / Public Relations or equivalence.
- A post graduate Diploma in Digital Marketing will be an added advantage.
5-7 years relevant experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked in a University Setup. The Incumbent must have occupied the position of at least a Senior Assistant Registrar in the Information and Public Relations Department.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Zimbabwe Higher Education Quality Assurance System.
- Sound knowledge of global Higher Education trends and issues of Quality Assurance at international levels.
- Excellent and demonstrable research, analytical and writing skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge of strategic planning development, implementation, evaluation, and monitoring in higher education.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and persuasively, as well as to interact with stakeholders.
- Excellent project management coordination and organisational skills, and ability to manage and work in a team.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- An accomplished scholar who is dependable and able to demonstrate that she or he is respected nationally and regionally.
- An advanced knowledge of the MS Office Package especially willingness to learn advanced MS Project and intermediate MS Excel is mandatory as part of one’s continuous professional development plan.
- Commitment intellectually and professionally to the development of an AI-powered organisation; and an electronic system for the accreditation of universities and university programs is essential.
- Knowledge of graphic design and the latest digital programs is essential.
Interested candidates should submit the following: application letter, a detailed CV and certified copies of degree certificates, present salary, names and addresses of at least three referees including their email addresses to:
The Director Human Resources, ZIMCHE, P.O. Box H100 Hatfield or 21 J.M. Nkomo Road, Hatfield, Harare not later than 16th of May 2021.
The application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF.
**ZIMCHE is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.