Reporting to the Chief Director, Directorate of Life and Health Sciences, the position exists to support the Chief Director in the achievement of ZIMCHE’s mandate. He/she will assist the Chief Director in ensuring that the functions of Council are executed, as set out in the ZIMCHE Act.
Main Role and Responsibilities
- Register all institutions who will approach ZIMCHE for accreditation and their proposed new programme(s).
- Keeping track of reports from Peer reviewers and responses from institutions.
- Updating the database of peer reviewers in Life and Health Sciences directorate
- Preparing documents for ZIMCHE council Committees well in advance before the meeting and any other meeting attended by Directors/Chief Director Life and Health Sciences.
- Communicating with relevant departments to achieve Directorates key result areas and strategic plan.
- Writing directorate reports in all activities planned for the directorate.
- Researching on quality assurance issues affecting the directorate
- Landscape scanning and responding to funding proposals necessary to achieve the Directorates mandate.
- Establishing relationships with Professional Associations overseeing Life and Health Sciences training in Zimbabwe.
- Organizing all appointments, meetings, and travel arrangements for directorate staff.
- Preparing the budgets for the directorate
- Ensure the effective management and update of all relevant databases including contact details for personnel in life and health science in universities as well as other stakeholders.
- Perform any such function as may be prescribed by Ordinance and in line with the SOPs of the directorate
- Process claims and financial requests for the Directorate.
- Applicants must be studying towards or have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised Institution.
- An HND / Diploma in Secretarial, or Office Management or Executive Secretarial.
- Applicants should have at least 3 years’ experience in a Higher Education setting, and be able to communicate with Academics professionally.
- Applicants should be able to work with minimal supervision, have excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and Teams is a requirement.
- Applicant must be self-motivated and committed to advance to higher qualifications necessary for career progression in the organisation.
- Have good leadership skills and be honest and reliable.
Interested candidates should submit the following: application letter, a detailed CV and certified copies of degree certificates, names and addresses of at least three referees including their email addresses to:
The Director, Human Resources, ZIMCHE, P.O. Box H100 Hatfield or 21 J.M Nkomo Road, Hatfield, Harare not later than 30th of September 2021.
The application should be emailed to email@example.com in a single PDF file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line.