The Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education (ZIMCHE), a quality control regulatory authority, was established by an Act of Parliament, [Chapter 25:27], in 2006, to promote and co-ordinate education provided by higher and tertiary institutions, superintend over standards, act as a regulator in the determination and maintenance of examinations, academic qualifications and research.
The student will be employed for a maximum of one year and is expected to do the following during the internship period:
- Assist with day-to-day help desk attendance
- Basic hardware and systems configurations and troubleshooting
- Basic systems configuration and troubleshooting
- Basic network configuration and troubleshooting
- Assist with development and updating of the website
- Assist with development of a mobile application
- Assist in the development of database-based information system
- Come up with at least one innovation or a suggested change to business processes
The Student should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Studying a Computer Science program or related program
- Be proficient in at least two programming languages, preferably with one of the languages being Python or Java
- Be proficient in design and implementation of simple database systems. Proof of having designed or implemented at least one database-based system would be an advantage.
- Have knowledge of HTML. Ability to use a scripting language will be an added advantage.
- Have a good appreciation of computer basics.
- Be willing to work hard and be willing to learn.
Candidates are expected to upload their applications to the following email, email@example.com not later than 12th March 2021.