The Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education (ZIMCHE), a quality control regulatory authority, was established by an Act of Parliament, [Chapter 25:27], in 2006, to promote and co-ordinate education provided by higher and tertiary institutions, superintend over standards, act as a regulator in the determination and maintenance of examinations, academic qualifications and research.
In that regard, applications are invited for the Officer Positions which have fallen vacant within the ZIMCHE. The ZIMCHE requires candidates with a University teaching background to occupy this position as they will be responsible for reviewing programmes and one should have experience in programme development and generally have knowledge on how universities function.
**ZIMCHE is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The incumbent is responsible for maintenance of records on research and evaluation conducted at ZIMCHE and in the Universities.
- Maintaining records of research and evaluations carried out at ZIMCHE and in the Universities.
- Assisting in mobilising financial, technical, and human resources for deployment into research programmes and projects.
- Availing information on research funds available from collaborating partners to intending researchers from ZIMCHE and the Universities.
- Facilitating research publications and information exchange activities.
- Publishing research articles, research papers and research reports as well as proceedings of conferences, seminars and workshops through electronic media and other means.
- Servicing meetings in the Research and Evaluation department.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Zimbabwe Higher Education Quality Assurance System.
- Sound knowledge of global Higher Education trends and issues of Quality Assurance at international levels.
- Excellent and demonstrable research, analytical and writing skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge of strategic planning development, implementation, evaluation, and monitoring in higher education.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and persuasively, as well as to interact with stakeholders.
- Excellent project management coordination and organisational skills, and ability to manage and work in a team.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- An accomplished scholar who is dependable and able to demonstrate that she or he is respected nationally and regionally.
PhD or enrolment towards the attainment of one will be considered as an added advantage,
Master’s Degree in Mathematics or Statistics or equivalent
BSc Mathematics or Statistics or equivalent
3 to 5 years relevant teaching experience at a University
- An advanced knowledge of the MS Office Package especially willingness to learn advanced MS Project and intermediate MS Excel is mandatory as part of one’s continuous professional development plan.
- Commitment intellectually and professionally to the development of an AI-powered organisation; and an electronic system for the accreditation of universities and university programs is essential.
Interested candidates should submit the following: application letter, a detailed CV and certified copies of degree certificates, present salary, names and addresses of at least three referees including their email addresses to:
The Director Human Resources, ZIMCHE, P.O. Box H100 Hatfield or 21 J.M. Nkomo Road, Hatfield, Harare not later than 16th of May 2021.
The application should be emailed to email@example.com in a single PDF