The Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education (ZIMCHE), a quality control regulatory authority, was established by an Act of Parliament, [Chapter 25:27], in 2006, to promote and co-ordinate education provided by higher and tertiary institutions, superintend over standards, act as a regulator in the determination and maintenance of examinations, academic qualifications and research.
In that regard, applications are invited for the Officer Positions which have fallen vacant within the ZIMCHE. The ZIMCHE requires candidates with a University teaching background to occupy this position as they will be responsible for reviewing programmes and one should have experience in programme development and generally have knowledge on how universities function.
**ZIMCHE is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Open/Distance Learning and Marketing Officer is responsible for the collection of all data that is required in the registration of Open/Distance learning degree awarding institutions and the accreditation of the programmes that they offer to students. He/she is a link between ZIMCHE and its stakeholders in all matters that relate to the issuance of qualification equivalents. He/she is also responsible for arranging the peer review visits to institutions. This position exists to monitor, evaluate, and advise on ODL institutional activities and programmes. It is also responsible for the marketing of the ODL mode of delivery to the nation.
- Collecting data on the status of accreditation of Distance/Open Learning degree awarding institutions.
- Liaising with institutions on the enrolment of students to study programmes in Distance/Open Learning degree awarding institutions.
- Liaising with institutions on the qualifications of lecturers for all the programmes offered by Distance/Open Learning degree awarding institutions.
- Keeping an inventory of ZIMCHE’s stakeholders and updating them on issues that are of interest and concern to them.
- Dealing directly with the public in the issuance of qualification equivalents.
- Keeping an up-to-date database of registered Distance/Open Learning degree awarding institutions.
- Keeping an up-to-date database of registered Distance/Open Learning programmes per institution that are accredited by the Council.
- Advising the Director Registration and Accreditation of the lapse of programme accreditation of Distance/Open Learning degree awarding institutions.
- The incumbent will maintain contact with stakeholders of ODL institutions and inform them on latest developments in ODL. This is done to share information and obtain stakeholder satisfaction in ODL.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Zimbabwe Higher Education Quality Assurance System.
- Sound knowledge of global Higher Education trends and issues of Quality Assurance at international levels.
- Excellent and demonstrable research, analytical and writing skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge of strategic planning development, implementation, evaluation, and monitoring in higher education.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and persuasively, as well as to interact with stakeholders.
- Excellent project management coordination and organisational skills, and ability to manage and work in a team.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- An accomplished scholar who is dependable and able to demonstrate that she or he is respected nationally and regionally.
PhD or enrolment towards the study of one is an added advantage.
Master’s Degree in Marketing Management or equivalent.
BCom Marketing Management or equivalent.
3-5 years relevant teaching experience in a University,
- An advanced knowledge of the MS Office Package especially willingness to learn advanced MS Project and intermediate MS Excel is mandatory as part of one’s continuous professional development plan.
- Commitment intellectually and professionally to the development of an AI-powered organisation; and an electronic system for the accreditation of universities and university programs is essential.
Interested candidates should submit the following: application letter, a detailed CV and certified copies of degree certificates, present salary, names and addresses of at least three referees including their email addresses to:
The Director Human Resources, ZIMCHE, P.O. Box H100 Hatfield or 21 J.M. Nkomo Road, Hatfield, Harare not later than 16th of May 2021.
The application should be emailed to email@example.com in a single PDF