The Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education (ZIMCHE), a quality control regulatory authority, was established by an Act of Parliament, [Chapter 25:27], in 2006, to promote and co-ordinate education provided by higher and tertiary institutions, superintend over standards, act as a regulator in the determination and maintenance of examinations, academic qualifications and research.
In that regard, applications are invited for the Officer Positions which have fallen vacant within the ZIMCHE. The ZIMCHE requires candidates with a University teaching background to occupy this position as they will be responsible for reviewing programmes and one should have experience in programme development and generally have knowledge on how universities function.
**ZIMCHE is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Registration and Accreditation Officer is responsible for the collection of all data that is required in the registration of degree awarding institutions and the accreditation of the programmes that they offer to students. He/she is also responsible for assisting in the identification of appropriate Peer Reviewers and guiding them in their work, analysis and presentation of all data that is required in all registration and accreditation processes as well as for qualification assessment and compliance issues.
- Collecting data on all issues to do with accreditation and registration and liaising with institutions on students on various study programmes to maintain up to date records.
- Liaising with institutions on the qualifications of lecturers for all the programmes offered by institutions and keeping an up-to-date database of all institutions that are registered.
- Keeping an up-to-date database of programmes per institution that are accredited by the Council.
- Advising the Director of the lapse of programme accreditation of institutions.
- Maintaining and updating the database of Peer Reviewers to ensure a speedy selection of appropriate Peer Reviewers.
- Arranging peer review group visits to institutions.
- The incumbent will monitor compliance to the ZIMCHE Act to ensure that no unregistered institutions operate in the Country, thereby, compromising the integrity of the Zimbabwean Higher Education Sector.
- Servicing meetings and arranging all ZIMCHE workshops, seminars and visits to institutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Zimbabwe Higher Education Quality Assurance System.
- Sound knowledge of global Higher Education trends and issues of Quality Assurance at international levels.
- Excellent and demonstrable research, analytical and writing skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge of strategic planning development, implementation, evaluation, and monitoring in higher education.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and persuasively, as well as to interact with stakeholders.
- Excellent project management coordination and organisational skills, and ability to manage and work in a team.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- An accomplished scholar who is dependable and able to demonstrate that she or he is respected nationally and regionally.
PhD or an enrolment towards attainment of one is an added advantage,
MEd Educational Foundation, or Curriculum and Policy Studies,
Bed in Educational Foundations, or Curriculum and Policy Studies.
3-5 years relevant teaching experience in a University.
- An advanced knowledge of the MS Office Package especially willingness to learn advanced MS Project and intermediate MS Excel is mandatory as part of one’s continuous professional development plan.
- Commitment intellectually and professionally to the development of an AI-powered organisation; and an electronic system for the accreditation of universities and university programs is essential.
Interested candidates should submit the following: application letter, a detailed CV and certified copies of degree certificates, present salary, names and addresses of at least three referees including their email addresses to:
The Director Human Resources, ZIMCHE, P.O. Box H100 Hatfield or 21 J.M. Nkomo Road, Hatfield, Harare not later than 16th of May 2021.
The application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF