The Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education (ZIMCHE), a quality control regulatory authority, was established by an Act of Parliament, [Chapter 25:27], in 2006, to promote and co-ordinate education provided by higher and tertiary education institutions, superintend over standards, act as a regulator in the determination and maintenance of examinations, academic qualifications, and research.
The Registration and Accreditation Officer is responsible for the collection and analysis of data that is required in the registration of degree awarding institutions and the accreditation of the programmes that they offer to students. He/she is also responsible for outsourcing and arranging the peer review site visits to institutions.
- Collecting data on all issues to do with accreditation and registration,
- The accreditation of programmes and registration of institutions.
- Advising all individuals and, or organizations intending to establish private universities on the ZIMCHE requirements.
- Keeping an up-to-date database of programmes per institution that are accredited by the Council.
- Advising the Director of the lapse of programme accreditation of institutions.
- Keeping a database of peer reviewers.
- Arranging peer review group visits to institutions.
- Servicing meetings of the Accreditation Department and arranging the ZIMCHE registration and accreditation related workshops and seminars.
- Facilitation of registration and accreditation visits.
- Develop programmes to capacitate university staff on quality assurance matters.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Master’s in Educational Policy Studies, Curriculum and Instructional Studies or Educational Planning and Policy Studies or Educational Leadership and Management, or Higher Education Management.
- Bachelor of Education in the following areas: Instructional Studies or Educational Planning and Policy Studies or Educational Leadership and Management, or Higher and Tertiary Education.
- A qualification in Statistics or Data Analytics will be an added advantage.
- 5 years teaching experience in a university.
- Experience as a peer reviewer and/or a curriculum/programme developer and reviewer will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of internal and external quality assurance procedures and processes in higher education is essential.
- Ability to analyse completed self-assessment instruments from institutions and to produce reports from the instruments.
- Ability to analyse reports from peer reviewers and produce reports.
- Competency in mixed methods research will be an added advantage.
- Be result-oriented and familiar with the Integrated Results Based Management system.
Interested candidates should submit their applications to the Director Human Resources, The ZIMCHE,21 J.M. Nkomo Road, Hatfield, Harare by no later than Friday 2nd of June 2023. Soft copies of applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should give full details of the applicant including employment history and experience, current salary, telephone contact details, names and addresses of three (3) referees, certified copies of academic and professional qualifications and transcripts and copies of identification including birth certificate, and national ID.
NB: Those who have responded to the previous Advert need not apply.