The Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education (ZIMCHE), a quality control regulatory authority, was established by an Act of Parliament, [Chapter 25:27], in 2006, to promote and co-ordinate education provided by higher and tertiary institutions, superintend over standards, act as a regulator in the determination and maintenance of examinations, academic qualifications and research.
In that regard, applications are invited for the Officer Positions which have fallen vacant within the ZIMCHE. The ZIMCHE requires candidates with a University teaching background to occupy this position as they will be responsible for reviewing programmes and one should have experience in programme development and generally have knowledge on how universities function.
**ZIMCHE is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
To keep an up-to-date database of audit schedules, quality promotion and development programmes and compile summaries of audits carried out, highlighting initial audit observations and arrange all audit and quality promotion and development workshops and seminars.
- Organize, coordinate and conduct Audit visits in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) to achieve ZIMCHE’s goal of quality promotion and development.
- Keeping an up-to-date database of institutional audit schedules and quality promoting programmes.
- Develop Audit Instruments for the purpose of developing a robust Quality Assurance system.
- The incumbent will keep an updated database of international trends in quality promotion and development. He /She will conduct analysis of appropriateness of staff for new university programmes to be accredited by the ZIMCHE.
- Keeping a database of peer review members of the Institutional Audits unit in readiness for audit.
- The incumbent will ensure that he is well versed with the international audit benchmarks for various disciplines for the higher education system to remain internationally competitive.
- Arranging peer review visits to institutions and quality promotion and development workshops and seminars.
- Liaising with higher education institutions on internal quality promotion and development initiatives to promote institutionally driven quality assurance systems.
- Liaising with institutions on lecturers’ qualifications in various departments for purposes of updated records.
- Keeping an updated database of international trends in quality promotion and development.
- Keeping an updated database of institutional reports on quality promotion and development.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Zimbabwe Higher Education Quality Assurance System.
- Sound knowledge of global Higher Education trends and issues of Quality Assurance at international levels.
- Excellent and demonstrable research, analytical and writing skills are mandatory.
- Knowledge of strategic planning development, implementation, evaluation, and monitoring in higher education.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and persuasively, as well as to interact with stakeholders.
- Excellent project management coordination and organisational skills, and ability to manage and work in a team.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- An accomplished scholar who is dependable and able to demonstrate that she or he is respected nationally and regionally.
PhD or an enrolment towards attainment of one is an added advantage,
Master’s Degree in any Social Science area
Bachelor’s Degree in any Social Science area
3-5 years relevant teaching experience in a University.
- An advanced knowledge of the MS Office Package especially willingness to learn advanced MS Project and intermediate MS Excel is mandatory as part of one’s continuous professional development plan.
- Commitment intellectually and professionally to the development of an AI-powered organisation; and an electronic system for the accreditation of universities and university programs is essential.
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates should submit the following: application letter, a detailed CV and certified copies of degree certificates, present salary, names and addresses of at least three referees including their email addresses to:
The Director Human Resources, ZIMCHE, P.O. Box H100 Hatfield or 21 J.M. Nkomo Road, Hatfield, Harare not later than 16th of May 2021.
The application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF