Human Resources, Administration and Finance Directorate
- Human Resources
Responsible for management of human resource function including:-
- Staff welfare (including health and safety)
- Salary administration
- Performance monitoring
- Servicing of Committees
Administration – Asset management, fleet management, physical plant
- Fleet management
- Infrastructural development and maintenance
- Providing effective insurance for assets
Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets
- Procurement of quality goods and services for Council at fair cost
- Organising the disposal of public assets in terms of the Act (Chapter 22:23).
- Efficient and transparent management and control of resources.
- Provision of cost effective services throughout the Council activities.
- Minimisation of risks.
- Formulation and implementation of internal control systems that safeguard the Council’s assets and resources.
- Preparation and submission of annual Financial Statements in respect of all Council funds and assets to external auditors in line with International Accounting Reporting Standards.
- Preparation for external audit and providing audit responses.
- Maintenance of up to date records of resources and investments.
- Preparation and coordination of the Council Budget Estimates of income and expenditure for the following year.
- Servicing of Committees.